
* * *
I had never seen Finding Neverland before. I was skeptical about doing such, but after seeing it I was totally amazed. Of course the cinematography was amazing and beyond that, the story itself was beautiful.
What I took from it was the concept of imagination through all ages.
A common misconception is to have freedom of the mind and body you must be a child. Maybe this is why the phrase "if only i was young again.." is so popular. All adults yearn for that sense of wonder that they had as children. We go to the theater, the movies, concerts, read fiction novel and fantasy all in the pursuit of being transported out of the ordinary.
But here in this movie we see Sir James Matthew Barrie being able to live an adult life whilst still exercising his imagination. He carries both off successfully. To me, not only was this a beautifully told story about the writing of Peterpan or the drama of two struggling family, but also an example of working the imagination and adventure of such into an everyday adult life.
it is important to remember that as adults the need to take imagining to the next level is always present. We don't need to look back on childhood with sorrow that we can never go back. Adults have the unique power to look forward into their lives and approach wonder in a new and informed way. Adults have a broader range of references to pull from and a very wide range of outlets for said creativity of imagination and enchantment. Writing, playwriting, works of art, and storytelling are all ways in which adults can use their ideas purposefully.
This is why looking back on childhood longingly is done in vain. As adults imagination can and should be a part of our lives, and for a lot of us here even necessary. The ability to push our thoughts into amazing creations for the sharing with others is a gift one earns through growing up and still not letting go of the wonder in the world.
Aprillllll
*
Because I missed class last week, I cannot comment about the events that happened in class. However, I can comment on "Peter Pan".
Peter Pan is a character that all children and adults can or could relate to. We all fear or feared growing up. We also dislike the idea of too much responsibility. I am very guilty of both!
What I have trouble understanding is how we as humans have the capacity to fear these things. The concept of change is a basic part of living. The more a person experiences something, the more they become desensitized to it, right? Things always change. So how have we not become desensitized to change?
Elan
*
everything unknown is potential death
*I understand that the unknown and change can lead to death (literally or figuratively), however I do not believe that is the answer to my question.
People do not become bothered about the change that is life. We are desensitized to things coming to be. Life is just as common as death. So, why do we fear the change that is death? Why are we not desensitized to it?
Elan
* * *
4 comments:
I had never seen Finding Neverland before. I was skeptical about doing such, but after seeing it I was totally amazed. Of course the cinematography was amazing and beyond that, the story itself was beautiful.
What I took from it was the concept of imagination through all ages.
A common misconception is to have freedom of the mind and body you must be a child. Maybe this is why the phrase "if only i was young again.." is so popular. All adults yearn for that sense of wonder that they had as children. We go to the theater, the movies, concerts, read fiction novel and fantasy all in the pursuit of being transported out of the ordinary.
But here in this movie we see Sir James Matthew Barrie being able to live an adult life whilst still exercising his imagination. He carries both off successfully. To me, not only was this a beautifully told story about the writing of Peterpan or the drama of two struggling family, but also an example of working the imagination and adventure of such into an everyday adult life.
it is important to remember that as adults the need to take imagining to the next level is always present. We don't need to look back on childhood with sorrow that we can never go back. Adults have the unique power to look forward into their lives and approach wonder in a new and informed way. Adults have a broader range of references to pull from and a very wide range of outlets for said creativity of imagination and enchantment. Writing, playwriting, works of art, and storytelling are all ways in which adults can use their ideas purposefully.
This is why looking back on childhood longingly is done in vain. As adults imagination can and should be a part of our lives, and for a lot of us here even necessary. The ability to push our thoughts into amazing creations for the sharing with others is a gift one earns through growing up and still not letting go of the wonder in the world.
--Aprillllll
Because I missed class last week, I cannot comment about the events that happened in class. However, I can comment on "Peter Pan".
Peter Pan is a character that all children and adults can or could relate to. We all fear or feared growing up. We also dislike the idea of too much responsibility. I am very guilty of both!
What I have trouble understanding is how we as humans have the capacity to fear these things. The concept of change is a basic part of living. The more a person experiences something, the more they become desensitized to it, right? Things always change. So how have we not become desensitized to change?
everything unknown is potential death
I understand that the unknown and change can lead to death (literally or figuratively), however I do not believe that is the answer to my question.
People do not become bothered about the change that is life. We are desensitized to things coming to be. Life is just as common as death. So, why do we fear the change that is death? Why are we not desensitized to it?
Post a Comment